Homeless Information

Are you, or someone you know, homeless? 

Unable to stay with friends/family? 


  • Tri-County CAP, 603-443-6150; or,
  • 24/7 call 2-1-1 or 1-866-444-4211 if dialing a “9” first; or,
  • 24/7 call the Upper Valley Haven at 802-295-6500
Securing Permanent Housing  
Tri-County CAP administers two separate loan programs designed to assist homeless individuals and families in securing permanent housing.  Applicants must meet income guidelines and prove they have the income necessary to support the cost of the housing and all other household expenses, including repayment of the loan. 
  1. The Homeless Housing and Access Revolving Loan Fund (HHARLF): A loan program offering limited funding towards the first month rent. 

  2. The Housing Security Guarantee Program (HSGP): The landlord must agree to accept a Guarantee Certificate that assures an amount up to the security deposit will be paid by the Program in the event the applicant defaults on the terms of the lease. Once the applicants have repaid the loan amount to Tri-County CAP, the security deposit will be transferred to the landlord.