posted Feb 9, 2010, 10:11 AM by Unknown user
updated Jul 9, 2015, 12:27 PM by Lynne Goodwin
Call Tri-County CAP's Ashland NH office, 603-968-3560, to apply for the following programs. Outreach days will be offered in the Lebanon area for applicants who cannot travel to Ashland for help completing applications. 1. The Electric Discount Program
- Offers a discount on the monthly electric bill up to 70% based on income eligibility. Applications are taken on an ongoing basis year-round.
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor Fund: Apply for assistance to pay your electric bill.
- Electric Powered Heat: If you have electric heat, apply for the Fuel Assistance Program (LIHEAP). Section 8 units and some subsidized units are not eligible. See #2 below.
2. The Heating Assistance Program (LIHEAP):
Approved funds are paid directly to the heating vendor; or, to the landlord if heat is included in the rent.
- The most vulnerable households, those with elderly (age
62 or older) or disabled members, or families with children age 6 and
younger, are prioritized for applications.
- All other households may call for an appointment
beginning September 1 before the upcoming heating year.
- Be sure to inform Tri-County CAP staff, in the first
phone call, whether you reside in Section 8 or other subsidized
housing units, and if heat is included in the rent. You may not be
eligible for LIHEAP.
- At your appointment: be sure to bring all the
documentation required and listed in your appointment notice, for
instance: your most recent Tax Return. If you do not have it, call the
IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and request a transcript of your most recent
Return be mailed to you.
- LIHEAP Program grant funding is typically approved and
released after December 1 of the heating year. This date can
- EMERGENCY applications for fuel assistance (LIHEAP) are
accepted after the date the Program grant funds are approved and
released; and, only if:
- there is less than one week of fuel available to the
- if heat is included in the rent and the applicant has
received a Landlord/Tenant Writ citing a hearing date for eviction
and possession of the property.
3. Weatherization Program
- Request an Assessment of the Energy Efficiency of the
household in order to identify ways to improve efficiency and save costs
related to heating, cooling, electricity, hot water, etc. Assistance is
provided to income eligible households in implementing improvements that
will increase energy efficiency and reduce costs.
Call COVER at 802-296-7241 to apply for:
Program includes air-sealing around windows using reusable 4 mil. vinyl storm window kits; air-sealing around doors using gaskets and sweeps; air-sealing attic hatches and bulkhead doors; insulating hot water pipes and hot water heaters; assisting in the installation of storm windows and other existing winter protection; and providing weatherization materials at discount prices.
All work is done on a sliding scale. If you don’t qualify for assistance, weatherization materials are still available for sale at the ReCover store at discounted prices.